includes the entire fleet of Outcast
ships, of course: 3 Fighters, 3 Frigates and 4 Cruisers, for a total of 10 new ship hulls to play with. The Outcast
ships are done by the same artist who did the original GSB
artwork and feature large engine sections and cool-looking power generator sections that feature a pulsing glow. These technologically augmented warriors have a few tricks up their cybernetic sleeves... with 6 exclusive new ship modules.
Of course, there's also flavor text, load-screens and other Outcast-specific elements, such as ship names and crew names that round out the Outcast expansion with the fit and polish you'd expect. I especially like the Outcasts theme music; it has a moving, military sound, but built up from an eerie, haunting deep-space airy piece. It's not easy to describe, but it's a nice piece. I noticed it while in-game the first time I heard it.
The Outcast Fleet:
- Chromium - 3 Modules / 1 Hardpoints / 3 Power / Cost: 46
- Iridium** - 3 Modules / 1 Hardpoints / 4 Power / Cost: 51
- Titanium - 3 Modules / 2 Hardpoints / 4.3 Power / Cost: 68
- Caesium - 6 Modules / 5 Hardpoints / 9 Power / Cost: 135
- Gallium - 7 Modules / 4 Hardpoints / 9 Power / Cost: 80
- Thorium - 7 Modules / 5 Hardpoints / 11 Power / Cost: 156
- Palladium - 7 Modules / 8 Hardpoints / 7 Power / Cost: 195
- Plutonium - 9 Modules / 7 Hardpoints / 9 Power / Cost: 160
- Radium* - 11 Modules / 7 Hardpoints / 10 Power / Cost: 180
- Strontium - 9 Modules / 7 Hardpoints / 8 Power / Cost: 150
New Exclusive Technology:
- Holographic Decoy Projector - [Cruiser] A fake, yet very convincing, target to attack.
- Multi-Target Tractor Beams - [Frigate] Slow down bothersome Fighters by the bushel.
- Sniper Lasers - Frigate] Lasers typically suffer from limited range. Not these.
- Rapid Firing Pulse Gun - [Frigate] Great against pesky Fighters.
- Solar Power Collector - [Frigate] Power generator that taps the energy of the suns.
- Dual-Stage Missiles - [Frigate] Missiles that speed up when they get near your target.
If you want to try your luck fighting against
, there are two new maps specifically for that. Well, you can also use them in Challenges, as well. Additionally, you can use the Outcast
race in any other maps from the game.
- The Jabbah Nebula - Large map, Cost limit: 40k, Pilot limit: 150
- The Eltanin Clouds - Medium map, Cost limit: 40k, Pilot limit: 150