New Monthly Periodical Exclusively Covers
ST LOUIS, MO - July 22nd, 2008 - A seismic shock has impacted the world of editorial media covering interactive entertainment. Massive Gamer, Inc. is proud to announce the launch of Massive Gamer magazine, a monthly print publication focusing exclusively on massively multiplayer games for the PC. As the multi-billion massively multiplayer (MMOG) business continues to grow and become a part of mainstream popular entertainment, Massive Gamer aims to reflect the breadth and depth of the MMOG development, business and culture as no other website and print publication has ever done before.
Massively Multiplayer Online PC Games
The first issue of Massive Gamer magazine (August 2008) is available at newsstands for the cover price of $6.99, and online for subscription at the low introductory rate of $24.99.
Weighing in at 88 pages, the first issue of Massive Gamer magazine highlights Funcom's popular Age of Conan MMOG on the cover, and features articles delving into Cryptic Studio's Champions Online, Turbine Inc's. Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria expansion, EA/Mythic's Warhammer update, and much more.
Regular columns will include letters from the editor, staff editorials, a calendar of upcoming game releases and industry events, as well as MMOG launches, guild features, serialized fiction, news from the business world, and more.
"Massive Gamer addresses a unique void in the print media space, when it comes to editorially covering massively multiplayer online games and virtual worlds. MMOG players have their own jargon, their own community, and their own informational needs that a one-size-fits-all publication cannot completely fill nor understand," says Jodie McIntyre, CEO and Founder of Massive Gamer, Inc. "This publication will also be unique because we will look at more than the largest and most popular MMOGs. The MMOG development community is filled with innovators and entrepreneurs from around the world - and we cannot wait to share many of their stories with our audience."
Massive Gamer magazine will be accompanied by a website launch, featuring fresh MMOG industry news and community feedback. The website and information about the magazine can be found at http://www.massivegamer.com. A bi-weekly newsletter will offer opt-in subscribers the chance to have the latest happenings in the world of MMOGs and Massive Gamer delivered to their e-mail inboxes.
Inside Massive Gamer magazine Issue #1:
- Age of Conan: Hype vs. Hope - By the Massive Gamer team
- DC Universe Online: Super-Batty Goodness! - By Linda "Brasse" Carlson
- Life at Level 80 in Age of Conan - By Ryan "Volt" Sutherland
- Fractured Planes - By Christine Rafe
Age of Conan - Conqueror Class Review - By Pike "Ithkrul" Pullen
- Guardian Class Review - By Chad "Clams" Mocha
- Demonologist Class Review - By Ron "Zeckle" Hunt
- Tempest of Set Class Review - By Lynn "Cesara" Kraczek
- Cryptic Studios - Champions Online: From PnP to MMOG - By Linda "Brasse" Carlson
- Cartoon Network - Fusion Fall Update - By Paul Philleo
- Turbine - Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria - The path to Moria is fraught with danger, evil and... mini games? - By Linda "Brasse" Carlson
- EA / Mythic - Warhammer Update - By Mike "Exe" Doughtery
- Sony Online Entertainment - The Agency: FPS or MMO? If we tell you, we'll have to kill you. - By Linda "Brasse" Carlson
- Everquest II: Living Legacy Program - By Linda "Brasse" Carlson
- Blizzard - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Update - By Mike "Exe" Dougherty
- G4Box - Metin 2: Jam Packed with Content - and it's FREE! - By Lynn "Cesara" Kraczek
- CCP - Eve Online: The Empyrean Age - By Marcin "DeepNoizer" Nowak
- Tales from the Trenches: Community Management - By Linda "Brasse" Carlson
- Entropia - By John Bates, Entropia Universe