Each school consists of five magic circles. Increasing knowledge opens up the doors to increasingly effective spells. At the beginning of the single player mode, the player is clueless as far as magic is concerned. He must first look for a master and get initiated into the basics in a school of magic. Having done that, the player can now increase his skills (in e.g. water magic) through skill points and perform the magic of the first magic circle. With each skill point gained, the skill value of the player in that particular school of magic increases. When his skill value reaches 5, the pupil will advance to the second circle and so on.
The five schools of magic:
- Fire magic: you can perform fire spells which can burn entire groups of opponents right off the map.
- Water magic: this mainly involves frost spells, which will either cripple your opponent or cause death by freezing.
- Air magic: this enables you to attack your enemy with shock waves and bolts of lightning. There are also extremely effective Power-ups (for strength, for instance).
- Earth magic: this is truly versatile - it ranges from an earth eruption with devastating effects to healing spells.
- Necromancer: The forbidden art of magic! Learn to control the undead and put curses and lasting death effects on your enemies.